Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kudos to James

The first blog is always the most important blog, but very quickly becomes the least important blog. As more blogs are cranked out, the archive of old blogs soon become dusty zeros and ones, taking up real-estate since nobody ever bothers to go back and read them.

I've been toying with the idea of starting up another blog. I've had a few others in the past, (now deleted) but I really wanted my blog to be about something interesting. Something I was passionate about and more importantly, something others could relate to.

I logged on to my MSN messenger and started chatting up a fellow I met online. He's overseas right now, and I've never met him in person, but he gave me some very good advice. I asked him if he had any new years resolutions (he didn't) and offered to share mine: I want to start yoga classes. I've been wanting to do this for months, but alas have not. I lacked the motivation, the will-power, the time... yadda yadda bing bang boom Fuck It I'm making it my new years resolution!

My other new years resolution was to (maybe) start a blog. That way, I would be forced to leave my apartment and go out and do interesting things so I would have a life to write about online.

Now here comes the part where James' great advice comes into play... James says to me, well why don't you blog about your yoga classes. That way you will have something to blog about, and if you quit yoga, you'll either have to blog about how you quit yoga, or else quit both altogether.

Brilliant!

One new years resolution supplements the other nicely. It will be a way for me to keep on track with my goals, chart my progress, and quite possibly inspire others. Well, maybe not. I doubt my lame blog will be highly influential.

So here's blog number one. The begginning. The starting point. I shall consume as many pounds of christmas food as my body will allow before vomitting, and then I shall do yoga. (In January)

No comments:

Post a Comment