Search My Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shapes memberships (I wish I had one)

My sister received a Shapes membership for Christmas. I'm excited about that because I've always wanted to take class at Shapes but never wanted to go alone.

Going to the gym alone is kind of like using public transit alone. You board the bus and realize that everyone one else on the bus is there alone, just trying to get to where they want to be. But boarding the bus with a friend proves to be a much more enjoyable ride.

If I had a work out buddy I'd lose twice as much weight I think. The buddy systm is a tried and true system which goes back to ancient times when being alone was too dangerous. Going to the gym alone is dangerous. Weights could crush you. You could trip on the tread mill. Someone with more muscles may attempt to bully you. The buddy system is where its at.

So perhaps my sister and I shall exercise together. I don't know.

I've got my work out plan for January fifth all sorted out. If I take two yoga classes a week plus attend shapes classes with my sister, I'll be well on my way to a life filled with fitness and fun. I hope.

I'm working only four days a week this month, and mostly evenings and weekends. Sucks for a social life but rocks for excersing! Tomorrow I start work at noon, so I guess I'll sleep in, eat some christmas chocolates, then call that Corydon Yoga place/centre/facility and talk them about their classes they offer.

It is  a must that I consume all chocolates, cakes, cookies, and any other sugar-filled goodies from the Christmas season before January 5th 2009! Then I'll be good and fat and can lose even more weight than initially planned, and therefore I will be doubly happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment