Search My Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hypnosis is Working

I wanted to give my hypnosis cd's about a week to work on me before I blogged about it.

Two of them are very good. One of them I don't really like, so I don't listen to it.

The first CD I listened to is called Exercise Motivation. It starts off explaining what you are about to listen to and warning you to not listen to part one of the CD while doing any activity that requires your full attention, ie: driving, cooking, because it is designed to relax you and help you go into a trance mode.

It's a man's voice. The sound of his voice is relaxing and pleasing, except that the room he's in sounds quite dead. The only sound effect used is the sound of gurgling brook behind his voice, except it's so faint, you can barely even tell what it is.

Then there are two tracks that you are encouraged to listen as many times as you can throughout the day. The first is soft music with subliminal messages and the second is ocean waves with subliminal messages. I don't like the music one. It's annoying. But the ocean one is good to put on as background noise and chant my affirmations and mantras aloud to. (I'll get to that in a bit.)

The second CD I listened to was Listen And Lose Weight. It comes with a book. I find the book to be very informative and helpful aid and covers a lot of area the CD's don't.

Listen And Lose Weight was such a contrast compared to Exercise Motivation. Again, it's a man's voice, except he's British, so he sounds awesome. He's very soothing sounding, but also more engaging compared to the man's voice on the other CD. Lots of reverb and echo is used throughout the CD. He pans the sound around your head and whispers things in your ears, one ear at a time. It's so fucking cool. The production value is much, much higher than the other CD.

There's so many sound effects used and they really enhance the entire trance experience. I love listening to this CD at night. Unfortunately though, the CD can't be used while multitasking.

Finally, there's Slim Forever. I really like this one because it's a woman's voice. She speaks in a very friendly, reassuring way. You can tell it was produced in the 80's by the sound effects used, but that doesn't take away from the effect of the message at all! This CD is sort of a cross between Exercise Motivation and Listen And Lose Weight. There's no fancy pans or reverb or echos, but there is piano playing in the background, and other sound effects that really make listening to the CD more enjoyable.

Something that all three CD's have in common is the deep breathing exercises you do at the beginning. In through your nose out through your mouth. Breathe with your diaphragm. Exhale slowly. Another thing they have in common is the visualizations. You are supposed to visualize yourself exercising and having fun doing it. Visualize yourself as thin and healthy looking. Then there's the affirmations, the chanting and the mantras.

Each CD's affirmations are slightly different, but they go about them in the same way. All affirmations are announced in the present tense. Never the past tense and certainly never the future tense. All affirmations are positive and repeated numerous times throughout the CD.

For example, some of Listen And Lose Weight's affirmations include things like:
"I enjoy eating healthy foods. I love exercising. I want to exercise every day because it is fun. I love feeling fit and healthy. I love my new slender body. I no longer crave sickly sweet and fattening foods. I love eating fresh fruits and vegetables."
It doesn't matter if it's not true, the point is that it will become true one day.

Slim Forever's affirmations include more self-esteem things like:
"I love myself whether I reach my target weight or not. The more I love myself, the more love I will receive from others. I deserve to be healthy and fit. I deserve to reach my weight loss goal. I forgive myself for being overweight in the past. I only eat foods that translate into health and beatuy."

The more often you say these things out loud and with conviction, the sooner it will be a part of you and you will think it unconciously.

There's one mantra I particularly like to use and it goes like this:
"I no longer crave ______! But when I do get a craving for ______, first I drink a glass of cool, refreshing, pure water. After I drink my water I realize that I no longer crave ______. Drinking a glass of cool, refreshing, pure water has washed away my cravings. I now feel healthy and in control."
I fill in those blanks with things like Dominos Pizza, Caramilk bars, and Dorittos.
These CD's are so empowering and I like the way they make me feel about myself. Every night I listen to one Cd before bed and fall alseep with it on. Every morning I wake up and feel fantastic. I feel rested, I feel wonderful. I've been craving fruits and vegetables I rarely eat!

Today I chanted various affirmations on the car ride to the gym. Then I burned 300 calories in 30 minutes. I listend to my CD's while I worked out and I kept telling myself how much I love exercising and how much fun I was having sweating.

I didn't feel lathergic. I didn't feel like giving up. I feel pretty amazing! I would reccomend hypnotherapy to anybody!

1 comment:

Jake Hammell said...

That's great Chelsea! The thing about hypnosis is that it only works as well as you want it to work, and obviously you want it to work a lot. All your hard work is paying off! Soon you'll be slim forever!

Also, leave it to a media person to reject a CD based on its production value.

You make me so proud!

Post a Comment