Search My Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

True Blood

I played Beatles Rock Band last night. It was very entertaining, and as my lovely boyfriend pointed out, all the songs are good and there are no songs that you don't like. How true.

Dave and I have started to watch a new TV series called "True Blood." It's fantastic! It's about vampires who want to enter mainstream society and be given the same rights and freedoms as humans have. These vampires drink synthetic blood made in Japan called 'True Blood' and it's served in restaurants and you can buy it at convenience stores.

Of course there are vampires who don't want to be part of mainstream society and they enjoy killing people and covering it up to make it look like a natural disaster.

There's a lot of sex, swearing, and general nudity in this show. (That's HBO for you...) Love it! There's people who have sex with vampires and let the vampires bite them. There's also people who siphon the blood from vampires and sell it on the black market. Apparently vampires blood has healing properties and can enhance all your sense.

AND to top it all off, one of the main characters has telekinesis powers. She can read everybody's thoughts, except for this one vampire who she is in love with.

We've only watched the first three episodes of the first season, but I just know it's going to get even better!

In other news, my Stratford Career Institute - Creative Writing - Module One came in the mail yesterday. I completed the readings and both exams in a few hours. It says right in the book that the first module was designed to be so easy so that you can ease your way into the process.

Exam One was a 15 question multiple choice test. It was uber easy PLUS it was an open book test which just made it that much easier. For the second exam I had to write a 400-700 word "scene."

And a scene is a dramatization of events. The reader watches things unfold moment by moment. There's no narration in a scene. The reader knows only what the characters know. So I typed that up and sent it in.

I'll be getting my next module in about two weeks. Exciting stuff.

1 comment:

kristina said...

I LOVE TRUE BLOOD!!!!!! its an amazing show and it only gets better i just got into recently. im glad i know someone else who likes its!!

Post a Comment