My boyfriend is on a health kick. He's taking it very seriously too, so I'm proud of him! He's cut out a lot of the fatty, sugary snacks he used to indulge on. He's counting calories and keeping track of everything he eats. He's eating three balanced meals a day which is nice to see. (He used to always skip lunch!)
We spend a lot of time together, him and I, so naturally his healthiness is rubbing off on me. I'm not being nearly as strict with my diet as he is, but when we eat together I take his goals into consideration and try to accomodate them as best I can.
Here's the weird part. I'm not on a diet, but I feel like I am. Knowing that my boyfriend has set food restrictions on himself makes me want to break every single rule he's following! It's so weird. All I want is fast food and candy and chocolate and chips and junk.
There's no reason for this. I can eat whatever I want. I don't normally crave junk like I have been recently. I guess I feel like I don't want my boyfriend to be healthier than me, so I feel like I need to keep up with him
If he says no to cookies after dinner, and I want cookies, I'm totally torn between if I should have cookies or not. At first I'm like, okay I won't have cookies because then I'm flaunting I can eat them right in front of him. However, denying myself cookies makes me want them all the more!
This psuedo-diet will probably be good for me over all. I'm so used to vegging out on the couch with my boyfriend, snacking away. If we reinforce good habits by doing them together, that can only lead to good things. I will not sabbatoge him.

No comments:
Post a Comment