I believe in "signs." What I mean by that is I sometimes make decisions based on what my surroundings are telling me. It's all very superficial and ungodly, but when I feel like I don't know what to do, I do nothing until something or someone prompts me towards an answer.
I have been prompted and given nearly 10 signs that I should make an appointment with my family doctor to get a referral to see a psychiatrist and get diagnosed properly. I don't want to get too specific about what all these signs were, but I can say that in the past 7 days I received two phone calls, a text message, a post on my Facebook wall, a post card, and also a card in the mail. Various people have been saying things to me that have got me thinking and feeling a certain way.
In September when I sought help from my family doctor, I didn't get diagnosed properly and my symptoms have gone untreated for 6 six years now. I'm ready to do it. I've been waiting and putting it off, but not anymore.
I see my doctor on Tuesday and then from there we'll see what happens.
Friends come through for you in odd and mysterious ways sometimes. The littlest gestures make such a big impact on me. I'm quite sensitive and am easily discouraged. Such little things lift me up and totally alter my day. It's incredible. I'm happy right now. We'll see what these next few weeks bring, but in the moment I am happy.

1 comment:
I definitly understand how the "littlest gestures make such an impact". In the morning when I'm leaving for work, it can make my day when there's a friendly smile from a person sharing the elevator.
I really liked this post, thanks for putting it out there.
xox
Post a Comment